TODAY'S WORD FOR Tuesday, December 11, 2018:
The act of mentally concentrating on a single object, thought or event; giving courtesy of attention to a person.
My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings.
Till I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
I Timothy 4:13.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
God is always speaking, but we must give Him attention and listen to what He is saying to us. We fill our lives with other things and often just forget about God. You may ask, how does God get our attention. Here are several thoughts for you to ponder:
• Restlessness: This is an inner sense of unease for which we cannot identify the cause. It is meant to drive us to call on the Lord in prayer for His direction.
• A message from someone else: God may use someone else to say something to us but be careful you know the character and lifestyle of the person in order to avoid being led astray.
• Receiving a supernatural blessing: When the Lord abundantly blesses you, He is reminding us how good He is.
• Unanswered prayer: If the Lord is not responding to our prayers, He may be in the process of humbling us to be willing to wait for His guidance.
• Disappointments: God uses disappointments to get our attention so we will turn to Him.
• Failures: A failure should drive us to our knees and that is what God wants from you.
• Financial problems: The Lord wants us to turn to Him with our need and call on Him to meet our needs.
• Sickness or injury: God may use illness to stop us from going the wrong way and to teach us to follow Him.
As you look at your life are you paying attention to what God is saying to you? If you are not reading God’s Word and spending time in prayer and worshipping God and living in obedience to Him, you are saying to God, "I don't want to hear it." If you want God's best in your life pay attention to His Word.
Our memory verse for this week, Christmas month, is found in Luke 2:12.
And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.
Help me to give You the attention daily so You can talk to me and I can not only learn from You but be directed by You. Make this day special so that all that I do and say will honor You.
These Family Devotional thoughts are written by Dr. Ken Phillips, Executive Director of America's Hunger
Solution, and his wife Dottie. Ken has had ministry positions
with The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, World Vision, Youth For Christ, World Opportunities International,
and World Bible Society. He also has consulted for more than 30 Christian ministries in management and stewardship
development. They have published a book called No Problems Only Situations that discusses the journey of their family.
Ken and Dottie have been married for 60 years, and have 6 children, 20 grandchildren, and 3 great grandchildren. Their
second book, TODAY'S WORD, includes 365 daily
devotionals and is now available for only $10.
Ken & Dottie Phillips
May we encourage you to send a DONATION to help:Deliver a box of food to feed a poor family for one week in the inner cities of America --- the poorest of the poor and/or to children and their families in a third world country. (we deliver food boxes to 20 third world countries.)
SPONSOR ONE BOX FOR ONLY $7.00
CLICK HERE TO MAKE A DONATION.
(All gifts are income tax deductible)