TODAY'S WORD FOR Wednesday, December 05, 2018:
The second coming is the return of Jesus Christ to the earth to defeat the antichrist, over throw evil and establish His thousand-year reign on earth.
Today we will give you three chapters in the Bible to read concerning the Second coming of Jesus to this world. In the New Testament there are three parallel accounts of what Jesus told His disciples about His second coming.
• Matthew’s account in Matthew 24
• Mark’s account in Mark 13
• Luke’s account in Luke 21:5-24
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
There are many verses in the Bible that shows us that the Rapture and the Second coming of Jesus are two different events. Take the time to compare what we gave you yesterday about the Rapture with what we share with you today.
The following are things we know from the Bible about the Second coming of Jesus to this world. The scriptural references to the following are all found in the three chapters we have listed above.
• The second coming of Jesus will be a very public event. Every eye will see Him revelation 1:7.
• He will come after the great tribulation. The sun and the moon will be darkened and the stars will fall.
• Jesus appears in the sky with power and great glory and then descends down to earth.
• Every person, both believers, known as the Church and the unrighteous will see Jesus.
• Jesus brings with Him the believers that have been with Him in heaven since the Rapture.
• Mortal believers, called the Tribulation Saints – those who accepted Jesus during the Tribulation meet Jesus on earth and remain in their earthly bodies and will receive their glorified bodies at the end of the Millennial kingdom.
• The unrighteous are gathered together to receive their judgement and to be sentenced to torments for eternity.
• The world receives final judgement and righteousness is established.
• The impact of Jesus landing on earth splits the Mount of Olives in two, forming a whole new valley.
• God’s angels capture Satan, bind him, and throw him into a bottomless pit.
• The end purpose is to establish Jesus’ Kingdom over this world.
Jesus in His first coming to earth came in obscurity and humble circumstances just as it was prophesied. In His first coming Jesus was the suffering servant. In His second coming it is prophesied that Jesus will come as a conquering King. God is faithful to His promises. Just as God fulfilled His prophecy in His first coming, He will surely fulfill the prophecy of His second coming. Jesus taught His followers to be watchful and to live each day as if He is coming today. His message was simply, “BE READY.” Are you ready?
Our memory verse for this week, Christmas month, is found in Luke 2:11.
For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Thank You that because of Your gift of Salvation, I can look with exciting anticipation for that glorious and wonderful day of Your return to take us with You to Heaven and then the return to this earth for the wonderful 1,000 years of Your righteous reign on this earth. Help me to spend my time sharing Your love to others until You take me home to be with You.
These Family Devotional thoughts are written by Dr. Ken Phillips, Executive Director of America's Hunger
Solution and Ministry Director for World Bible Society, and his wife Dottie. Ken has had ministry positions
with The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, World Vision, Youth For Christ, World Opportunities International,
and World Bible Society. He also has consulted for more than 30 Christian ministries in management and stewardship
development. They have published a book called No Problems Only Situations that discusses the journey of their family.
Ken and Dottie have been married for 60 years, and have 6 children, 20 grandchildren, and 3 great grandchildren. Their
second book, TODAY'S WORD, includes 365 daily
devotionals and is now available for only $10.
Ken & Dottie Phillips
May we encourage you to send a DONATION to help:Deliver a box of food to feed a poor family for one week in the inner cities of America --- the poorest of the poor and/or to children and their families in a third world country. (we deliver food boxes to 20 third world countries.)
SPONSOR ONE BOX FOR ONLY $7.00
CLICK HERE TO MAKE A DONATION.
(All gifts are income tax deductible)