TODAY'S WORD FOR Monday, September 23, 2019:
The first person of the trinity.
I will be a Father to you and you will be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.
II Corinthians 6:18.
A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in His holy dwelling.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
What do you think when you hear the word father? Some recall a man that loved and cared for him or her. Others think of negative memories and of being treated badly. Many people that read our daily devotionals when writing us an email tell us of very bad situations with their father. Some say they never knew their father or that their father was never there for them.
However, today we want to talk about our heavenly Father. Earthly fathers may fail their children, but our heavenly Father will not fail us. God wants to show you what a godly father should be like. He desires therefore, to have a close relationship with us so He can be a loving and caring Father to us.
The freedom of calling God, “MY FATHER” is an awesome privilege. What is God like to us as a Father:
• God desires to have a close personal relationship with you. God loves you. God is not a distant Father that shows up once in a while. God wants to be close to you day and night. God loves you enough to meet with you every time you call upon Him. God is always available to you.
• God desires to communicate with you. The only way you are going to connect with God as your Father is if you seek Him and choose to come to Him and talk to Him openly and honestly in prayer. God wants to reveal Himself to you and share His wisdom with you.
• God loves you unconditionally. God is wise and knows everything about you. There is nothing you have to do to earn His love, and nothing you can do that will ever lose it. God loves you. Period.
• God already knows all of your needs before you ask Him. God is your provider and always gives to you perfectly. He knows your needs, even before you know them.
• God will always be with you. God will never leave you and is preparing a place for you in heaven. He will continually be preparing you for eternity and leading you into it.
• God is a Father who disciplines. Sometimes His discipline hurts but this is evidence that you are His child. He protects you to keep you from evil. He wants you to be obedient, becoming all He created you to be.
• God holds you accountable for your behavior attitude and actions. He will always help you to do the right thing when you seek His guidance.
God is a wonderful, loving Father who wants you to know Him and He will never let you down. He understands, He forgives, He calms your fears and helps you become all you were created to be.
Our memory verse for this week is found in Ecclesiastics 12:1.
Remember now your creator in the days of your youth, before the difficult days come, and the years draw near when you say, “I have no pleasure in them.”
Thank You, dear God, for being my Father. Thank you for your guidance, your discipline, your leadership and all You do to keep me on a straight path honoring You and living a Christ like life.
These Family Devotional thoughts are written by Dr. Ken Phillips, Executive Director of America's Hunger
Solution, and his wife Dottie. Ken has had ministry positions
with The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, World Vision, Youth For Christ, World Opportunities International,
and World Bible Society. He also has consulted for more than 30 Christian ministries in management and stewardship
development. They have published a book called No Problems Only Situations that discusses the journey of their family.
Ken and Dottie have been married for 60 years, and have 6 children, 20 grandchildren, and 3 great grandchildren. Their
second book, TODAY'S WORD, includes 365 daily
devotionals and is now available for only $10.
Ken & Dottie Phillips
May we encourage you to send a DONATION to help:Deliver a box of food to feed a poor family for one week in the inner cities of America --- the poorest of the poor and/or to children and their families in a third world country. (we deliver food boxes to 20 third world countries.)
SPONSOR ONE BOX FOR ONLY $7.00
CLICK HERE TO MAKE A DONATION.
(All gifts are income tax deductible)