TODAY'S WORD FOR Wednesday, October 31, 2018:
The abode of God; the place of existence for the Blessed (Believers in Jesus) for eternal life.
In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you, and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Most people do not think about Heaven unless they are facing death. Recent polls tell us that most believers in Jesus (Christians) have no convictions about heaven because they very rarely give much thought about heaven as being their eternal home. Their attention is constantly on the “things” of this world.
The scriptures give us insights that should motivate us to live for our eternal destiny rather than this earthly experience we are in today.
• Our heavenly Father is there. Jesus, in the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7) spoke about His Father “who is in heaven”.
• Our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ is there. In Acts 1:11 we read that two angels told the disciples as Jesus ascended into the clouds, “This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven”. He will return both bodily and visibly just as He went. He is now seated at the right hand of God, Colossians 3:1. And from there He intercedes for us Romans 8:34.
• Heaven is a prepared place. Read the verse above from John 14:2-3. Also, Revelation 21:27 tells us that only those whose names are written in the Lambs book of life will be in heaven.
• Our citizenship is in heaven. Philippians 3:20-21 tells us that our citizenship is in heaven. This earth is only our temporary home so we must be careful not to become too attached to the things of this world. Prepare daily and eagerly await to join your Savior in your eternal home.
• Our inheritance and rewards are in heaven. Salvation is by faith not works, but once we are saved we are to do good works because we are then God’s children. When we get to heaven we will be rewarded by what we have done for Him while on this earth.
• Our saved loved ones and friends are in heaven. When a believer dies, he or she goes right into the presence of the Lord in heaven. II Corinthians 5:8.
Have you seriously thought about heaven? More important, have you made your decision to accept Jesus as your Savior so you will go to heaven when you die? Remember Jesus clearly stated that the only way to heaven was through Him (John 14:6).
Our memory verse for this week is found in Philippians 4:4.
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice.
Give me the opportunities today to share my faith with those who do not know You as their Savior. Thank You for the blessed hope I have of spending eternity in heaven with my Lord and Savior because of His sacrifice on the cross for my sins.
These Family Devotional thoughts are written by Dr. Ken Phillips, Executive Director of America's Hunger
Solution, and his wife Dottie. Ken has had ministry positions
with The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, World Vision, Youth For Christ, World Opportunities International,
and World Bible Society. He also has consulted for more than 30 Christian ministries in management and stewardship
development. They have published a book called No Problems Only Situations that discusses the journey of their family.
Ken and Dottie have been married for 60 years, and have 6 children, 20 grandchildren, and 3 great grandchildren. Their
second book, TODAY'S WORD, includes 365 daily
devotionals and is now available for only $10.
Ken & Dottie Phillips
May we encourage you to send a DONATION to help:Deliver a box of food to feed a poor family for one week in the inner cities of America --- the poorest of the poor and/or to children and their families in a third world country. (we deliver food boxes to 20 third world countries.)
SPONSOR ONE BOX FOR ONLY $7.00
CLICK HERE TO MAKE A DONATION.
(All gifts are income tax deductible)