TODAY'S WORD FOR Thursday, November 23, 2017:
THANKSGIVING DAY - PART FOUR
A grateful feeling; the act of giving thanks; expressing gratitude or appreciation. The act or occasion of giving thanks to God.
Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving. Psalm 95:2
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him and praise His name. Psalm 100:4
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Across America today is a day that has been set aside by a Presidential proclamation for all Americans to show thanks to God for our many blessings. We challenge each person receiving this devotional today to take the time in private and also then with your family and friends to thank God.
We have put together a few suggestions for you to consider thanking God for:
• Thank God for His blessings on your life.
• Thank God for sending His Son to this earth to pay the penalty for your sins.
• Thank God for sending the Holy Spirit to be your comforter.
• Thank God for giving us His Word, the Bible.
• Thank God for your family.
• Thank God for your spouse.
• Thank God for your children.
• Thank God for your parents.
• Thank God for your grandchildren and great grandchildren.
• Thank God for your friends and neighbors.
• Thank God for your church and pastor.
• Thank God for your job.
• Thank God for your house and the home it provides for you.
• Thank God for the time and talent that He has blessed you with to serve Him.
• Thank God for the finances He has blessed you with.
• Thank God for your health.
• Thank God for your freedom.
• Thank God for the heritage He has given you.
• Thank God for the transportation He has given you.
• Thank God for food and water.
• Thank God for the blessed hope of spending all eternity with God our Father and Jesus our Lord and Savior.
As you gather around your dinner table with your family and friends on this day of thanksgiving take time to reflect on all you have to be grateful for and express your thankfulness to God. Make sure that today, Thanksgiving, is a very special day for you and for your family and friends.
Our memory verse for this week is found in Psalm 100:4.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
Today as you pray, take time to thank God for all He has blessed you with.
These Family Devotional thoughts are written by Dr. Ken Phillips, Executive Director of America's Hunger
Solution, and his wife Dottie. Ken has had ministry positions
with The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, World Vision, Youth For Christ, World Opportunities International,
and World Bible Society. He also has consulted for more than 30 Christian ministries in management and stewardship
development. They have published a book called No Problems Only Situations that discusses the journey of their family.
Ken and Dottie have been married for 60 years, and have 6 children, 20 grandchildren, and 3 great grandchildren. Their
second book, TODAY'S WORD, includes 365 daily
devotionals and is now available for only $10.
Ken & Dottie Phillips
May we encourage you to send a DONATION to help:Deliver a box of food to feed a poor family for one week in the inner cities of America --- the poorest of the poor and/or to children and their families in a third world country. (we deliver food boxes to 20 third world countries.)
SPONSOR ONE BOX FOR ONLY $7.00
CLICK HERE TO MAKE A DONATION.
(All gifts are income tax deductible)